|Jim Rye Fellowships|
Jim Rye Fellowships
· a year-long membership to IPAY
· Showcase registration and SPARK Pre-Conference registration
· an opportunity to host a conversation in the Kindling Program alongside the Colleen Porter Residents
· a $250 stipend (for those students not located in the host city) to help toward travel expenses
· mentors that help the scholar navigate the conference and facilitate the student's introduction to other professionals in the field
What does IPAY ask of the Rye Fellows?
· attendance for the length of the entire showcase
· engaged conversation with each other and showcase attendees
· feedback to IPAY on their showcase experience and the Rye Fellow program
· fellows may also be asked to assist the conference organizers on small projects during showcase
Who is Jim Rye?The late Jim Rye was the Artistic Director of the Birmingham Children's Theatre. Jim served on the Showcase Committee for many years, his company performed and exhibited, and he served as a mentor for many professionals in the field. We honor him by supporting today's emerging professional in the ever expanding field of performing arts for young people.
“IPAY feels like such an oasis--one in which like-minded, playful, creative, hard-working folks with similar values, from all over the world, come to share art, ideas, questions and problems with excitement, commitment and deep passion. The experience of the fellowship offered me the opportunity to connect with other leaders and emerging leaders in the field, to discuss my artistic opinions and perspectives openly, and, of especially great value, to moderate a panel and co-facilitate a long table discussion. These latter experiences--moderating and facilitating around urgent themes in our field--felt to me like especially formative provocations in my career and trajectory as an emerging leader."